31 March 2009

PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


When I was in high school, I worked two summers at Camp Singing Wind.  First as a Kitchen Cutie and then as a Life Guard / Counselor.  The cook for the camp (Cookie) would make these peanut butter/oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies that were just fantastic.  I was never able to find a recipe that even came close to those camp cookies until three years ago.  I started combining different cookie recipes until I found a good match.  These cookies are my favorite!

~INSTRUCTIONS~

1 C PEANUT BUTTER
3/4 C BUTTER
1 C BROWN SUGAR
1/2 C SUGAR
2 C OATMEAL
1 C AP FLOUR
1 t BAKING POWDER
1 t BAKING SODA
1/2 t SALT
2 EGGS
1 t VANILLA
1-1/4 C CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees 

Cream together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and sugar.  When blended add eggs and vanilla.

In separate bowl combine oatmeal, flower, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

Combine wet and dry ingredients until smooth.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Using medium cookie scoop, drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten with a wet fork.

Bake for 8 - 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges.

No comments: