27 February 2009

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - YUM!


Every time I went to break a cookie open to take a photo of it, I would eat the darn cookie.  10 cookies later, I just had to stop trying.  Since starting this blog, I have started back up in school which is why I haven't posted in a while.  When the exams come up, my time in the craft room and on the computer really slows down.  I had some free time today and jumped at the chance to make some cookies.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

~RECIPE~

Cream together:

LB BUTTER, SOFTENED
1 LB BROWN SUGAR
1-1/2 C SUGAR

Add:

2 T VANILLA
3 EGGS

Stir in:

6 C FLOUR
1-1/2 t SALT
1-1/2 t BAKING SODA
12 OZ SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
6 OZ MILK CHOCOLATE CHIPS
6 OZ WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS
2 C OATMEAL
1 C WALNUTS
1 C CHOPPED MACADAMIA NUTS

**you can substitute the chocolates and nuts with any variety you like**

I used my 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop to get cookies that were equal in size.  Place 2" apart on cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for 14 minutes.   They key for these cookies is to not let them brown too much on top.  When you notice the cookies are slightly tan on the edges take them out of the oven.  This will make them chewy and delicious.  If you leave them in 2 - 3 minutes longer you will get crunchy cookies.  (both versions are yummy).  

This batch makes tons of cookies.  I was given this recipe by a dear friend in California.  She taught me to freeze the cookie dough after I had scooped it and to use it like the store bought version of cookies you can bake 1 or 2 at a time.  I will often do just that and put a couple of cookies in the oven before my girls get home from school.

Because this batch makes soooooooooo much dough, be careful if you are using a stand mixer.  I have a 6 Qt bowl and the dough will still come up over the edge of the bowl if I am not paying attention.

No comments: