30 March 2009


EASTER BASKET FUN

Last October / November while at a STAMPIN' UP! meeting I learned how to make this box out of the BIGZ SCALLOP ENVELOPE'S ~ (SIZZIX DIE).  You can find good instructions HERE.

I used DESIGNER SERIES PAPERS ~ WASHINGTON APPLE and MAINE BLUEBERRY.  I believe that Maine Blueberry has retired and is no longer available for order from STAMPIN' UP! but the Washington Apple is so go find your local demonstrator and order some of this awesome paper!  

To attach the handles I used the small flowers from the FLOWER DESIGNER BRADS.  This is actually the first time I have used these brads even though I have had them for months.  I've been waiting for just the right project and I found it with these baskets.  They added just the right touch!


To make the filler for the baskets, I used the color combinations used on the paper itself.  For the WASHINGTON APPLE I used RIDING HOOD RED, PUMPKIN PIE, SO SAFFRON and BASHFUL BLUE.  For the MAINE BLUEBERRY I used NOT QUITE NAVY, OLD OLIVE and BASHFUL BLUE.  

I have a CARL PAPER TRIMMER that will cut through many layers of card stock at a time.  I used that with the layers of card stock for each basket.  I just trimmed about a 1/4" at a time until I had enough strips to fill the baskets.  Once I had enough paper trimmed, I scrunched it up and rolled it around in the palms of my hands to shape it.  

No comments: