30 March 2009

HAIKU GIFT TIN

I had an extra tin hanging around just waiting to be decorated and today I finally had some down time where I could sneak away to my craft room.  I have recently discovered powdered green tea called MATCHA and after placing an order I was happy to find that I could recycle the tins into gift tins.

I used STAMPIN' UP! DESIGNER SERIES PAPER ~ HAIKU as my base.  I love the colors in this series!


I used the DESIGNER LABEL PUNCH along with the SILVER HODGEPODGE HARDWARE frame to match.  I used LINEN THREAD to tie the frame to the tin (along with TOMBOW ADHESIVE to help hold it in place).  I used Swarovski crystal beads & butterflies to decorate the thread.


I used the SCALLOPED CIRCLE PUNCH, 3/4" CIRCLE PUNCH and 1/2" CIRCLE PUNCH to create the flower for the top of the tin.  I punched out three scalloped circles in OLD OLIVE, TANGERINE TANGO and SO SAFFRON.  I cut into each groove of the scalloped circle about 1/2" to form the flower, then I cut petals off the OLD OLIVE & TANGERINE TANGO scalloped circles and then glued the individual petals onto the SO SAFFRON flower.  I topped the flower with the 3/4" circle in MORE MUSTARD and 1/2" circle in TANGERINE TANGO.  To get shape in the flower I folded the petals up first and then rolled the tips around a pencil.


No comments: