03 December 2008

SMILES IN THE SKY

This photo was taken last week when I drove my girls to school.  We were commenting on the clouds as we drove about how it looked like the angels were using circle shaped cookie cutters to pop out sections of the clouds.  It was the most bizzarre thing I have ever seen when looking at different cloud formations.  This past Monday, my girlfriend handed me an article with a photo that was exactly like the one I had taken.  The article says that this type of cloud formation is called ICE CRYSTAL CIRRUS CLOUDS.  The clouds form when cirrocumulus clouds composed of supercooled liquid water below freezing are affected by airplane exhaust.  I thought this was really cool and wanted to share!
I snapped this shot on the way to pick up my youngest from school.  I really do enjoy watching the sky here in Florida, you just never know what the day will bring.  
This was taken driving back towards Macdill AFB at sunset.  I could take pictures of sunrises and sunsets forever, I love the beauty of the sky changing so quickly.


I apologize for the lack of posting in the past few weeks, I have been in the process of moving up North.  :)  We will still be in the sunny state of Florida but it will be in the SPRING BREAK  town of Panama City Beach.  I will be up and blogging again towards the end of December.  




No comments: