25 November 2008

WHERE I GREW UP

This past summer I was able to make a trip home with my whole family.  I did not realize how much I missed being in Oregon / Washington until I got to bring my girls home.  We currently live in Florida where the beaches are supposed to be some of the most beautiful, yet I have never really enjoyed spending time on the beaches here.  They are beautiful, but not what I grew up with.  I grew up where the beaches meet evergreen covered cliffs, where the sand and river rock mingle and where icy cold creeks run out into the ocean.  I grew up playing on one particular beach where all these things came together.  My dad would drive an hour and a half from our house in Longview, Wa; to Ecola State Park in Cannon Beach, Or.  We would get to the beach and hike down a trail that would lead us over a small wooden bridge that crossed the creek, climb over the huge trees that had washed ashore and throw the river rocks at the cliffs as we made our way down to the sandy beach.  

Here are some photos from our visit home.

HAYSTACK ROCK & OREGON COAST


INDIAN BEACH AT ECOLA STATE PARK


HAYSTACK ROCK IN CANNON BEACH, OR


THE OREGON COAST.


1 comment:

Alice said...

Hi Kim! Where are you? Are you really in Oregon? I don't have your cell so I can't call you. If you need to hang out here, the offer is still open. Let me know what's going on. Sorry I haven't been able to get in touch with you! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!
Hugs,
Alice