I recently watched a crafting show where the guest assembled a scrapbook page that looked like it had louvre styled blinds in the background. After watching the show I just had to use this technique in card making. The very next day, two of my dear friends came over for a crafter's play date and we set about making our projects.
Through trial and error, I was able to create this beautiful card.
Stamp Set: Pocket Sillouhettes
Card Stock: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point
Designer Series Paper ~ Maine Blueberry
5 Petal Flower Punch
Spring Bouquet Punch - retired
White Gel Pen
The frame was made by using my paper trimmer (you could use a HOBBY BLADE and straight edge). I made the frame with measurements of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". I set the blade into the card stock at 3/4" and cut to 3 1/2" on the short side and 3/4" to 4 3/4" on the long side so that the border would stay 3/4" all the way around.
Cut 16 ~ (4" x 1") strips of DESIGNER SERIES PAPER. Score at 1/2" on all strips. Fold and smooth with bone folder.
On the inside edge of the frame, I first marked (using a white pencil) the center point on each long side and then marked out 1/4" intervals to the inside edge of the frame (you do this so that you can evenly line up the slats).
Run STICKY STRIP along both long sides of the frame. Starting from the outside edge on both ends place one slat with the crease towards the center. Keep working in this fashion until all slats are in place. Run another Layer of STICKY STRIP along the long sides and adhere to the card.
I embellished with the 5 PETAL FLOWER PUNCH, SPRING BOQUET PUNCH (retired) and WHITE GEL PEN. The leaves were made from two of the petals from the 5 PETAL FLOWER PUNCH. To get the white streaks from the center of the flower, I put a dot of the WHITE GEL PEN down and used my paper piercer to pull the color out towards the petal.
The stamped image is from POCKET SILHOUETTES, I stamped the image on Bali Breeze in Pacific Point and sponged the outside edges in the same color. I layered the stamped image to make it stand out a bit more against the slats.
**The first stamped image I had made was too big for the frame. I had made the outside square to measure at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and it filled the inside of the frame. I scaled down the image to 2" x 2" and it fit perfectly.**