26 October 2008

Halloween Treat Box

I saw a gift box just like this at our annual group meeting and just had to come home and make one for myself.  I didn't have much to go on as far as instructions went so I learned as I went along.


**INSTRUCTIONS BELOW**

Take a 12 x 12 piece of card stock and score it at 4" and 8" on both sides.  Fold along score lines.  I scored the four outer squares from inner to outer corners using a ruler and my bone folder.  I folded those to crease in towards the center of the box.  Once you have the crease formed take your 1/4" circle punch and punch through the the corner as shown in the photo below.


Start bringing the corners in towards one another.


This is what it should look like from the side.


Run a ribbon (I used a ribbon I had on hand from a craft store trip last year) through the holes that were punched out and tie.  Try not to pull too tight so there is about a 1" space between points.


This is what the box should look like from the side.


I used the Skull from the JUST JAWING stamp set for two of the sides.  I sponged the edges with BASIC BLACK INK.


I used GHOSTLY GREETINGS DESIGNER SERIES PAPER, white mulberry paper, a bat made using the SCALLOP SQUARE PUNCH and the ghost from the BATTY FOR YOU stamp set for the remaining two sides.

I decorated the box with the artificial spider web material and little spider rings that my friend gave me last week as well as a cute little pom pom spider with googlie eyes.  I filled the box with tootsie rolls and starburst and am now eagerly waiting to deliver it!


Supplies Needed ~

Stamp Sets: Just Jawing, Batty for you
Card Stock: Only Orange, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black

Accessories:

Scalloped Square Punch
1/4" Circle Punch
Ghostly Greetings Designer Series Paper
Mulberry Paper*
Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive
Chunky Essentials Black Glitter
StampinDimensionals
Boo Ribbon*
Artificial Spider Web with spider rings*
Pom-Pom Spider*
White Gel pen
Bone folder

* ~ not Stampin' Up! Product

No comments: