24 October 2008

LIVE WITH PASSION


Tomorrow is our Annual Group Meeting and I have signed up to participate in my first card swap.  While looking at my favorite blogs, I came across a couple techniques that I really liked.  I started playing with my supplies and created the card pictured above.  I found instructions for the large scalloped square mask on Jill's Card Creations at www.jill031070.blogspot.com and I found a card that had a vase on it at www.carriestamps.com/weblog/

I love this card!  I made the large scalloped square using the mask I referenced above which is made using the Scallop Square Punch.  I made the vase using the Small Oval Punch.  I used a 1" strip of Bella Rose Designer Series Paper and lined it up so that one edge was right at the edge of the oval.  I coated the vase with Crystal Effects and let it dry for about an hour.  I attached the vase to the card and drew the stem and leaf using my Stampin' Write Marker.  I made the flower using the Boho Blossoms Punch, I cut each petal in towards the center about an 1/8" of an inch and then used the rounded end of the White Gel Pen to shape the flower.  I used a Brad for the center of the flower and pushed the tabs of the brad up to help the flower hold shape.  To attach the flower to the card I used a Stampin' Dimensional.  Using the same flower punch, I made the heart that is on the vase.  I just cut it into quarters.  I applied the heart to the vase using a very small dot of Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive.   I coated the heart with Crystal Effects and let it dry.  Once everything was dry I stamped the phrase and the card was finished.

Supply List:

Stamp Set:  Inspired by Nature
Card Stock: Very Vanilla & Riding Hood Red
Ink/ Stampin' Write Marker: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive

Accessories:
Apricot Appeal Brad
Designer Series Paper ~ Bella Rose
Boho Blossoms Punch
1/16" Circle Handheld Punch
Small Oval Punch
Crystal Effects
Stampin' Dimensionals
Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive
Snail Adhesive
White Gel Pen ~ for shaping the flower

No comments: