22 October 2008

YOU'RE A HOOT!



I made this card at my friend Lisa's card class.  Even being a demonstrator I love going to this particular class each month.  I get to be with my friends, who I adore.  I get to see examples of cards that I would not think of making.  This class is awesome!  You walk into the workshop and can't help but be amazed at the set up and the professionalism.  There are always tons of example cards to re-create or get ideas from.  I was walking through the room checking out the samples and I came across this card (it caught my eye right away and I just had to make it).  

 I have absolutely no idea how this owl won me over (I hate birds!  I know, I know, hate is a strong word.  Birds of any kind truly scare me half to death when they come anywhere near me.) but it did and I love it!  

How to make this card:

Stamp Set:  Owl Together Now
Card Stock: Basic Black, Old Olive & Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Bashful Blue & Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:

Aqua Painter
1 1/4" Square Punch

**This card requires very little in supplies but takes a bit of time because of the coloring involved ~ It took me an hour and 15 minutes to make four**


1 comment:

Jody Morrow said...

I coudn't find your e-mail address to respond to your question and you didn't leave it in your comment, so I am responding here on YOUR blog. :) LOL This is Jody from confessions of a ribbon addict. If I get a little adhesive stuck on the needle I just clean it off. I usually don't use adhesive on the layers I am stitching though. I will typically just add some adhesive to the center of the panel I am stitching to keep it still and then I stitch. On my quilt card there was Xyron adhesive on there and it was fine. :)

Thanks for the comment!

OH and super cute owl card! :)

Jody