20 October 2008

Upsy Daisy Sweet Sunrise Card


I saw a few cards like this on splitcoaststampers.com and fell in love with the look.  I swear every time I see a card I must make, I am missing a key tool or element.  This card had me searching for a brayer which was not to be found so I improvised and used my ink pad and just ran it over the card stock until I reached a color I liked.  I am really loving the silhouette stamps that SU offers, they are great as stand alone stamps and they are even better when combined!  I started with Summer Sun card stock and masked the sun with a 1" circle that I made using the 1" Circle Punch and a little bit of Dotto to hold it in place.  Once you have created the background that you love you ink up your Upsy Daisy stamp with Basic Black ink.  Ink it heavily so that you get a solid black image on your sunrise.  This card is pretty easy to make and very eye catching.  I hope you enjoy!

This card was made with the following items:

Stamp Set: Upsy Daisy

Card Stock: Summer Sun, Basic Black and Tangerine Tango

Ink: Only Orange, Tangerine Tango, Real Red and Basic Black

Accessories: 

White Gel Pen (to outline the sun)

No comments: