03 January 2009

SILHOUETTES OF MY GIRLS


Silhouettes for the girls doors.

I've been thinking of doing this for about a year now and just have not gotten around to actually pulling out the paints and brushes.  After dropping my DH off at the airport, the girls and I made a quick stop by Jo-Ann's and then Hobby Lobby to find a few extra supplies.  Today was my first time ever walking into a Hobby Lobby and can I say OH.MY.GOODNESS.I'M.IN.TROUBLE!  Hobby Lobby rocks!  The store has every possible craft option covered.  My DH thought I was bad at Jo-ANN's & Michaels!  

MWAHAHAHA.


Okay, So I started out trying to trace the girls outlines while they were standing in our biggest closet.  The flashlight was being held by the suitcase strap and I was blocking the light each time I leaned in to put the pen to paper.  So after about 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to make it work we moved into the craft room and closed the shades.  The first few attempts were made with the girls standing in place and that had to be changed to sitting because every time they took a breath their position would change.  We had some very interesting silhouettes in the beginning.  I finally managed to get the lines on the paper before too much movement took place.  I traced the outline onto paper and then cut the outlines out.  I painted the lightest color first, let it dry and then traced the paper outline with a Sharpie.  I then painted the outline with a very fine paintbrush and filled in using 1/4" to 1/2" paint brushes.  The girls love their door art.  

OUTLINES OF THE SILHOUETTES


SHELBY'S FAVORITE COLORS ARE GREEN AND YELLOW


CAITLIN'S FAVORITE COLORS ARE BLUE, PURPLE AND PINK
**I was trying to think of a way to make it all work with three colors and decided that for now two colors would have to do**


TWO SILHOUETTES SIDE BY SIDE

No comments: